Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Fragmentary Girl by Remi Rebillard



New York-based fashion photographer Remi Rebillard just sent us his latest spread called Fragmentary Girl. Rebillard is a master at using colors and light to tell a story and, in this case, he also shares with us the very personal reason why there's a darker feeling to this set.


"It's an idea of depression," Rebillard tells us. "The fragmentary girl was Sylvia Plath in the 1950's who died from what we call in French (un noeud pychique que l'on voudrait denouer) a psychic knot that you can't undo (last picture).

"I am interested in having emotion in my pictures, not just showing a pretty girl in pretty light. I am dealing with depression in my family at the moment, thus the muse for my inspiration."













 

No comments: